Music Australia will present a free, two hour Professional Development session for generalist teachers and specialist music teachers. Rhonda and Debbie will deliver a fun, interactive workshop using the Music: Count Us In 2018 composition ‘One Song’ as a stimulus for activities, sequenced ideas, fresh repertoire and music games to engage any music program. Register below for this free face to face session.
Date: Thursday 2 August
Time: 4pm – 6pm
Presenters: Rhonda Davidson Irwin and Debbie O’Shea (author MCUI Lesson Plans 2018
Location: Pullenvale State School Music Room, 120 Grandview Rd, Pullenvale QLD 4069
Format: Face to Face and Live Streamed
About the Session
The workshop will develop skills to build teacher capacity and assist the delivery of the 2018 Music: Count Us In program in the classrooms by;
- Pullenvale State School choir will begin the workshop with a demonstration of choir warmups and music game implementation.
- Delivering practical warmups, canons and music games to compliment ‘One Song‘.
- Providing the opportunity for participants to observe a children’s choir in action to demonstrate repertoire and music games.
- Providing practical strategies on how to teach song repertoire.
- Suggesting ways to develop a musical culture by giving practical ideas for musical engagement.
- Linking music workshop activities with social, emotional, physical and intellectual outcomes
An official Music Australia Certificate of Attendance will be distributed to all those who attend this face to face Professional Development session.
To register for this session, please fill out the form below:
NOTE: YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED MCUI TEACHER TO ATTEND THIS SESSION. TO REGISTER FOR THIS FREE PROGRAM