About MCUI Professional Development
Music: Count Us In (MCUI) is proud to partner with Australia’s finest music educators for the delivery of free Professional Development opportunities in 2018. These Professional Development opportunities will primarily be delivered through a combination of face to face and live streamed sessions.
Details about these sessions will be promoted via our Music: Count Us In Newsletter. If you are registered for MCUI 2018 you will automatically receive these email updates.
Not registered for MCUI 2018 yet? HEAD HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE MCUI 2018 PROGRAM
Sydney PD session with The Arts Unit Now Open For Registration
Enrolments are now open for the free 2018 Music: Count Us In workshop on Tuesday 4 September from 4-6pm. This 2-hour PD opportunity run by music education experts is for all NSW teachers interested in learning how to teach the song and bring singing into their classroom.
The face-to-face workshop and online webinar aimS to build teacher capacity to deliver the 2018 Music: Count Us In program in their classrooms by:
- assisting teachers in learning the song “One Song”,
- providing practical strategies on how to teach the song,
- familiarising teachers with the MCUI educational resources, and
- suggesting ways of developing a culture of healthy classroom singing.
The 2018 teacher workshop is open to all teachers taking part in Music: Count Us In. Teachers can participate either in person at the workshop in Lewisham, Sydney, or live stream the session online.
Canberra PD Session With The Music Engagement Program Now Open For Registration
The Music Engagement Program (MEP) with MCUI is, again, offering Professional Learning and on-site visits for schools registered for MCUI. The MEP is offering a 2 hour Professional Learning session for teachers (Teacher Identified) and follow-up school visits leading up to Celebration Day. Schools who send a representative to the PL will be prioritised for follow-up visits.
Date: Thursday, August 30, 4-6 pm.
Location: O’Connor Cooperative School, 35A McPherson Street, O’Connor.
Presenters: Dr Susan West, Tiffany Fletcher
Darwin PD Session With ASME NT Now Open For Registration
Wanita McNeill from ASME NT will deliver a free 2 hour Music: Count Us In workshop on Monday 27 August in Darwin. The workshop will assist teachers in learning “One Song”, provide practical strategies to teach the song, familiarise teachers with the educational resources and classroom activities and assist teachers in learning and teaching the ukulele arrangement with students. Teachers can participate either in person at the workshop in Darwin or watch the recorded session online the week after the session.
- Adelaide (SA) – Delivered by Michael Aquilina and Michael McConnochie in Adelaide and Port Augusta (dates TBC)
- Melbourne – Delivered by Sue Arney with the University of Melbourne to pre-service teachers
- Tasmania – Delivered by Cynthia Howard (TASME) 10th-14 September
- Brisbane (completed) – Delivered by Debbie O’Shea and Rhonda Davidson-Irwin – Face-to-Face and LIVE STREAMED on 2 August – head here for more info on this session.
For more information on Professional Development sessions please contact Jim Finn