Celebration Day – 7 November 2019 – Main Event @ Surfers Paradise
With support from The Surfers Paradise Alliance, this year’s main Celebration Day event will take place in Surfers Paradise. The Celebration Day on 7 November 2019 will be held in two stunning locations in Surfers Paradise including a beach front site and the iconic SkyPoint Observation Deck atop Q1.
For the past six years, hundreds of local school children have been gathering to celebrate Music: Count Us In in Surfers Paradise, and we’re thrilled to be able to join them in 2019 to livestream Celebration Day from this spectacular location with support from local schools, teachers and The Surfers Paradise Alliance.
On Thursday 7 November our main event will be live streamed across the country beginning at 12.00pm (AEDT) with the singing of ‘the program song taking place at 12.30pm (AEDT).
Are you organising a Celebration Day event in your local community this year? Share the details with us on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #MCUI2019 or on our Facebook page and we’ll share the news through our social networks!
Have you bought your merch yet? Celebrate MCUI in style with our exciting range of MCUI Merch! With everything from tshirts to caps to bags to songbooks, we’ll help your students get the most out of the day. Head here to shop at our online store now! Deadline for orders October 21, 2019. You are welcome to place orders after this date but we can not guarantee it will arrive in time for Celebration Day.
Tips for joining us on the live stream:
- Make sure to test the Live Stream, prior to Celebration Day.
- We will have live.musicaustralia.org.au available from Monday 4 November for testing
- When testing, make sure you use exactly the same set-up (i.e. computer, projector, speakers etc.) as you will be using on Celebration Day
- When watching the live stream, try to just watch from one computer
- N.B. Multiple computers connected might make the stream buffer
- We suggest you have a download speed of at least 500kbps to watch the stream smoothly. Check your internet speed at www.speedtest.net
- If you have any trouble during the testing period, or on the day, contact 5Stream for assistance – [email protected] or 1300 80 70 20
- If you are hearing double audio or echoing, check to make sure you don’t have the stream open in multiple tabs or browser windows.