Music Australia recognises and respects every participant’s right to privacy. We will collect and use the minimum amount of personal information needed for us to ensure that you receive a quality service from us. Music Australia will always endeavour to manage your information in ways that protect your privacy.
What personal information do we collect and why?
Music Australia collects the personal information we need to offer our constituents programs and services.
The following are the main purposes for which personal information is collected by Music Australia and the main types of personal information collected.
To operate Music Australia’s website
- When you use the Music Australia website, you may choose to provide your name, email address or other personal details in order for us to send you information about Music Australia or its programs or other related products or services or to respond to your queries.
As part of our general operations
- Music Australia also collects personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our production partners, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, agents and other partners. Generally, if appropriate, we will state why we are collecting personal information when we collect it and how we plan to use it or these things will be obvious when we collect the information.
How do we use personal information?
When we collect personal information, we generally use it for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise authorised or required by law. We may sometimes use personal information for marketing or other research or allow information in aggregated form (without identifying individuals) to be shared with other artistic companies and agencies to guide and assist future programming and marketing planning.
If you have registered to attend one of our programs/events or if you have asked us to, we may use your information to send you material (including by email) about the organisation or its programs or other music related programs or services, unless you tell us not to.
If at any time you do not want us to use your personal information to send you any further information, you can always let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer through the contact details given below.
Disclosing personal information
For the purposes we have described, we may disclose your personal information:
- To our suppliers (including service providers such as mail houses and IT companies), contractors, agents or promoters and persons who help us to deliver programs and events, such as judges of competitions and other persons who collaborate with us to deliver our programs;
- To anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) may be transferred;
- Where you have otherwise consented; or
- As otherwise required or authorised by law.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the persons and organisations to whom we disclose personal information are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information.
While Music Australia endeavours to provide a secure Internet environment, users should note that there are inherent risks associated with transmission of information via the Internet.
Third party links
Access and correction
We will provide you with access to most personal Information that we have about you, but sometimes that will not be possible, in which case we will tell you why. If you would like to access your information or to find out what information we have about you please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details given below.
When you request access, we will need to take measures to verify your identity. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may request us to correct that information. We will take reasonable steps to correct such personal information unless we disagree with you about whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The Privacy Officer
Erskineville Town Hall
104 Erskineville Road
Erskineville NSW 2043