Our members benefit from Music Australia’s substantial reach which includes:
- 745,000+ Participating school students
- 3,400+ Participating Schools
- 383,400+ Unique Website Visits
- 21,900+ Social Media Followers
- 16,600+ Music Australia E-News subscribers
- 7,100+ MCUI EDM subscribers
Music Australia is a membership organisation. We are Australia’s voice for all music.
Music Australia members are our partners, vital to achieving our mission to advance musical life in Australia. As a Music Australia member you strengthen our voice and benefit from our resources and services. Music Australia’s membership program, with increased benefits and partnerships, enable us to be a more forceful voice for music in Australia.
We Work For Our Members
As an independent body we:
- Are an umbrella body for all music organisations and companies, music professionals, teachers, musicians and enthusiasts
- Deliver Australia’s most comprehensive music information hub, sharing opportunities; resources, statistics and research; music news, analysis, fact sheets and case studies.
- Deliver Australia’s largest school music participation program, Music: Count Us In
- Are a resolute advocate for music, offering independent advocacy information, submissions, campaigns, and delegations
- Deliver the Contemporary Music Roundtable
- Serve as a catalyst for sector development and engagement
- Act as conduit between music organisations and the wider music sector, convening national advisory and working groups in contemporary music and music education
- Promotion of your activities via our fortnightly enews (subject to editorial policy) and Opportunities listings
- Free Directory listing for professional music organisations and practitioners
- 25% off our advertising rates
- Preferred access to all our services, working and advisory groups
- Discounts to our conferences, seminars, workshops, merchandise and partner activities.
- 5% off I Manage My Music Workshops
- 64kg checked baggage allowance for musicians travelling on all domestic flights with Virgin Australia. Details on how to book can be found here. (You must book at least 2 days in advance)
- A free initial consultation and 10% off all services at Major Key Media, including press kits, bios, professional photos and more
- 25% discount off tickets to the Australian Women’s Leadership Symposiums
- $100 off BIGSOUND Purple Pass tickets. Limited to 1 ticket discount per member. You just need your member number when booking
- Any project created through Music Australia’s Pozible collection will automatically receive a 20% discount.
- 20% discount off all songs and resources at SongLibrary. Email [email protected] with your member number to receive a discount code.
- 20% off Ditto Music services worldwide – including distribution to iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Shazam, Google Play and many more.
- 20% discount off Ukulele Song Schools’ ukuleles and teaching materials. Email your purchase request with you membership number to [email protected]
- Regular giveaways, discount event tickets and prize packs
- Plus more TBA announced throughout 2019
Already a member? To take advantage of the discounts which require a code please contact our Program Manager Scarlett Di Maio on [email protected]
There are two types of Music Australia member:
- Organisations (View some of our Organisational members here.)
- Representative Members
We work across all music. Our Individual and Organisational members cover all facets of Australian musical life, including music industry peak bodies, musicians, composers, songwriters, community groups, music education associations, teachers, music professionals, small to medium companies, students, music enthusiasts, major performing arts companies and schools.
Before purchasing membership please note:
1. You will get a reminder 30 days before your account expires about renewing your account. Your account will automatically renew 12 months from the day you originally signed up. If you would like to cancel your membership you will need to contact us directly at [email protected] .
2. We currently only accept credit card payments online. We accept Visa and Mastercard, but not AMEX. If you need to pay via Direct Deposit or Cheque please contact us directly. If you need us to issue a tax invoice please contact Scarlett Di Maio [email protected]
*For Music Australia organisational members there are limitations on how many staff members can access a discount events or conferences. Small organisations are eligible for a discount for one staff member, medium organisations can receive a discount for up to two staff members and large organisations will receive a discount for up to three staff members.