Music Australia Position Description 2018
Communication and Marketing Coordinator
Three Month Contract
Closing 5pm Friday 28 September 2018
About Music Australia
Music Australia is a not for profit national umbrella body and champion for all music. We work to stimulate and promote the value of music, school music education, sector professional development and public engagement. We provide advocacy and information services to strengthen music in Australia, and run projects including Australia’s largest school music program Music: Count Us In; and a contemporary music industry conference. The organisation enjoys high levels of respect and utilisation by the professional music sector, has a growing membership, solid digital platforms, and substantial engagement with over 700,000 Australians accessing services annually.
Position: Communication and Marketing Coordinator
Location: Erskineville, Sydney
Part Time Contract Position: Three months, three days per week. A contract position with the possibility of extension.
Reports to: CEO
About the Role
Music Australia is looking for a Communications and Marketing professional with all-round project experience with funding, stakeholder engagement, planning and development, sponsorship and not-for-profit administration. Someone who is comfortable establishing and fostering relationships and partnerships with government, corporate and private stakeholders, as well as ability to execute a budget, efficiency in database management and someone who will ensure the Music Australia brand is represented and respected both nationally and internationally within arts-related industries. Previous experience working for a music or arts organisation is desirable.
The position requires:
- Stakeholder management
- Communications, marketing and PR
- Sponsorship and advertising management
- Grant writing
- Budget management
- The ability to multitask effectively
- A fundamental understanding of peak music and/or arts organisations in Australia
- Supporting key events and activities as part of a cooperative staff team
Key Marketing Duties:
- Develop and Implement marketing and communication strategies, plans and research consistent with the strategic business plan with support and direction from the CEO.
- Manage day-to day promotions activities including publications, website development and coordination, event campaigns, PR and other tools as required.
- Coordinate all publicity; act as primary media contact to build public profile. Create and distribute press releases and, as required, contract and manage any external PR agency for major campaigns.
- Manage the marketing budget and assist the CEO with budget planning and expenditure control by providing regular and accurate expenditure forecasts and reports and monitoring expenditure on a day-to-day basis.
- Website and e-newsletter content creation assisting with writing the opportunities section of the newsletter and an article each fortnight
- Manage online advertising campaigns through Facebook
- Provide marketing reports with data and analysis from various platforms
- Assist with the execution of the social media strategy across Music Australia’s digital assets.
Key Program Duties:
- Provide strategic directions for events and campaign portfolio: Partnerships and sponsorship opportunities; Enquiries and bookings; Hire agreements and invoicing; Maintaining written records; Staff, client and supplier liaison; Work with staff to handle enquiries, bookings, generate and service memberships.
- Support key events and activities as part of a cooperative staff team
- Actively contribute to Music Australia’s overall marketing and communications activities
- Undertake shared general administrative duties and office coordination, including specific assigned responsibilities
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for CEO
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- The position requires efficiency in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Word
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Coordinating office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Submit a cover letter, a current resume and contact details of up to three professional referees to Music Australia CEO Rhonda Davidson-Irwin [email protected]
- For enquiries, contact Rhonda Davidson-Irwin on 02 9519 9778/ 0412 185 551
- Applications close 5pm, 28 September 2018