The International Songwriting Competition (ISC), based in the US has announced its 2015 winners.
Australians have retained their winning streak, once again garnering the most wins of any country second only to the USA. Australian songwriters have garnered five First Place wins, two Third Place wins, and 35 Honorable Mentions.
Candace Avery, Founder and Director, states, “Aussie talent represents the highest quality of songwriting, and their songs always stand out among the crowded entry field. They continue to set the standard for great songwriting.”
Established in 2002, ISC recognises and honors excellence in the craft of songwriting. With over 18,000 entries submitted from almost 120 countries, ISC awards more than $150,000 in cash and prizes to amateur and professional songwriters around the world, including a $25,000 cash (US) overall Grand Prize.
The overall Grand Prize is awarded to the gifted songwriter/performer Skrizzly Adams for his song “Tipping Point.” Hailing from New Jersey, USA, Skrizzly Adams is a songwriter who is difficult to pigeonhole (critics have described him as Bruce Springsteen meets Kanye West).
Australian winners include:
First Place Winners:
- “Anchor” – Ian Berney, Ian Kenny, Glenn Sarangapany, Adam Spark, Adam Weston / Birds of Tokyo (Perth, WA, Australia) – Rock
- “Clair De Lune “ – Flight Facilities (Sydney, NSW, Australia) – Music Video
- “I Won’t Forget About You” – Hailey Calvert (Brisbane, QLD, Australia) – Blues
- “Never Be” – Meg Mac (Melbourne, VIC, Australia) – AAA/Adult Album Alternative
- “Two Bodies Ft. Emma Louise” – Flight Facilities (Sydney, NSW, Australia) – EDM
Third Place Winners:
- “Waterslides” – Tropical Zombie (Byron Bay, NSW, Australia) – Rock
- “Silk Ft. Thelma Plum” – Dustin Tebbutt (Armidale, NSW, Australia) – Folk/Singer- Songwriter
Past Aussie winners have included: Vance Joy, Gotye, Adam Eckersley, Catherine Britt, Sarah Blasko, Eskimo Joe, Guy Sebastian, Kasey Chambers, Augie March, Kate Miller-Heidke, The Living End, Matt Corby, Missy Higgins, and many more.
Head to the ISC website for more details on winners and honourable mentions.