Record store day Australia is on Saturday 18 April. Started in the US several years ago in response to store closures and dropping sales, record store day has turned into an international event, now celebrated across the world.
The Australian edition is now in its seventh year, with participating stores across the country offering specials, unique releases and in store gigs. Australia’s Ambassador this year is Joe Camilleri who has two albums out now – both on vinyl.
It is foremost a celebration of your local music store and its role in the community, offering expert advice, what’s on info, and a rich selection of music to browse and purchase. along with live music in-store and artists dropping by to say hi. along with live music in-store and artists dropping by to say hi. So make sure you get down to your nearest and favourite store, buy some vinyl or a CD, or whatever takes your fancy, check out the exclusives and mingle with the activity.
You can get more information and locate your local store here. We’ll see you there on Saturday to get physical!
Here is what you can enjoy at Record Store Day this year:
- Visit the official list of participating Australian stores here
- Enjoy a range of in-store gigs and activities, full list here
- All the Australian Record Store Day action is on the Facebook page here
- International Ambassador David Grohl of Foo Fighters fame is releasing a ten inch single ‘Songs From The Laundry Room’ with four tracks he wrote in the days he played with Nirvana
- View the remarkable selection of exclusive RSD releases here