In 2015, we are rolling out workshops for teachers in regional Australia, targeted at secondary music teachers but open to all. These free one day workshops offer teachers the chance to expand their skills, providing them with practical techniques and resources for immediate classroom use.
The teachers will be provided with:
- Inventive ways to teach contemporary songwriting
- Introduction to techniques, tools and no cost/low cost resources that develop and foster songwriting skills
- A framework for a 6 week student songwriting project including worksheets for guidance
- Supporting teacher resource pack that provides detailed lesson plans
- Techniques that engage students with a fresh, hands on approach to creating, performing and recording their music
- Opportunities to develop their own songwriting under expert guidance
- The program and resources are designed to meet the requirements of the Australian Curriculum: The Arts and take into account the content descriptors for music from 6.1.1 to 10.7.4
Register now for one of the following workshops:
Workshops are scheduled for regional NSW, SA and VIC. For announcements in other States and Territories, sign up to our enewsletter. If you would like to host a workshop in your town, please contact us.
Workshops run 9.30am – 3.30pm (unless otherwise stated). Morning tea and lunch are provided for a $20 fee, and payment is required to confirm registration.
- Sydney (St Thomas Catholic School) – Wednesday 16 September – REGISTER
- Albury (Murray Conservatorium of Music) – Monday 4th May 2015
- Goulburn (Goulburn Regional Conservatorium) – Wednesday 6th May 2015
- Sydney (Australian Institute of Music) – Friday 8th May 2015
- Mt Gambier (Tenison Woods College) – Tuesday 2 June 2015
- Tuggerah Lakes (St Peter’s Catholic College)- Monday 3rd August 2015
- Port Macquarie (Mid North Coast Conservatorium) – Tuesday 4th August
- Armidale (New England Conservatorium of Music) – Wednesday 5th August
- Grafton (Clarence Valley Conservatorium) – Thursday 6th August
- Lismore (Northern River Conservatorium) – Friday 7th August
- Melbourne (Carranballac College) – Thursday 13 August