In 2016 over 600,000 people accessed Music Australia services. Our members benefit from Music Australia’s substantial reach which includes:
- 600,000 Participating school students
- 154,000 Unique website visits
- 14,801 Enews subscribers
- 12,260 Social media followers
- 7631 Music education professionals and teachers
- 2,600 Participating schools
- 1,000 Music professionals database
Music Australia is a membership organisation. We are Australia’s voice for all music.
Music Australia members are our partners, vital to achieving our mission to advance musical life in Australia. As a Music Australia member you strengthen our voice and benefit from our resources and services.
Following funding cuts, we are rolling out a new membership and governance structure, working towards an independent approach to our work that will enable even greater advocacy and engagement with the sector.
Music Australia’s redeveloped membership program, with increased benefits and partnerships, will enable us to be a more forceful voice for music in Australia.
- 25% off our advertising rates
- Promote activities via enews (subject to editorial policy) and Opportunities listings
- Free Directory listing for professional music organisations and practitioners
- Backing for your advocacy, access advice & skills
- National representation, direct or through professional associations
- Preferred access to all our services, working and advisory groups
- Discounts to our conferences, seminars, workshops, merchandise and partner activities.
- Lease discounts on our Sydney Hot Desk Space* Contact [email protected] to lodge an enquiry.
Member benefits with our partners
- Discounted access to Aon’s industry-leading Muso Support Policy (Musicians Personal Accident cover) that offers worldwide, 24/7 protection for up to 3 years of lost income following personal accident, injury, permanent disability or death. Email [email protected] to access your discount.
- $100 off BIGSOUND ticket registrations. You just need your member number when booking. Don’t remember your member number? Contact [email protected]
- Any project created through Music Australia’s Pozible collection will automatically receive a 20% discount. Contact [email protected]
- 64kg checked baggage allowance for musicians travelling on all domestic flights with Virgin Australia. Details on how to book can be found here.
- $16 discount tickets to ‘Sounds on Screen’ films at 2017 Sydney Film Festival. Email [email protected] to receive your discount code.
- Double pass giveaways to Sydney Con International Jazz festival. (Given away in our May 24th E-News and through our Facebook page)
- 20% off Ditto Music services worldwide – including distribution to iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Shazam, Google Play and many more. Email [email protected] to receive a discount code.
- Buy an 11 magazine subscription to Limelight and receive two bonus issues free! Simply email us [email protected] for your discount code, then follow this link or call MagShop on 136 116.
- 20% discount off Ukulele Song Schools’ ukuleles and teaching materials. Email your purchase request with you membership number to [email protected]
- 20% discount off all songs and resources at SongLibrary. Email [email protected] with your member number to receive a discount code.
- Women & Leadership Australia are currently offering 20 Music Australia members the opportunity to attend the 2017 Australian Women’s Leadership Symposium for $400 off the standard rate. The Symposium provides women a critically important platform to explore leadership, life and career development. They will take place in all capital cities across Australia later this year. To take advantage of the discount contact our Program Coordinator Scarlett Di Maio on [email protected]
- Advocacy and lobbying for music in Australia
- Partnerships to foster, advocate, promote and develop music in Australia
- Access to our professional network through our programs and events
- Access to our large network of music educators and industry professionals
We work for our members
As an independent body we:
- Act as an umbrella body for all music organisations and companies, music professionals, teachers, musicians and enthusiasts
- Deliver Australia’s most comprehensive music information hub, sharing opportunities; resources, statistics and research; music news, analysis, fact sheets and case studies.
- Deliver Australia’s largest school music participation program, Music: Count Us In
- Are a resolute advocate for music, offering independent advocacy information, submissions, campaigns, and delegations
- Provide networking, professional development and information
- Organise conferences, seminars, and national participation programs
- Serve as a catalyst for sector development and engagement
- Act as conduit between music organisatons and the wider music sector, convening national advisory and working groups in professional music and music education
*Our Hot Desks will be launching in April 2017. Please contact [email protected] for more information on the discount offer.
There are two types of Music Australia member:
Our 50 elected Councillors are our representative members, experts in all fields of music – our voice for Music Australia nationally. Councillors are the organisation’s voting members, drawn from organisational and individual members.
Please note: Music Australia organisational members will have limitations on how many staff members can access a discount to our events or conferences. Small organisations will receive a discount for one staff member, medium organisatons can receive a discount for up to two staff members and large organisations will receive a discount for up to three staff members.
We work across all music: education, the profession, classical, contemporary and community music. Our members cover all facets of Australian musical life:
|music industry peak bodies||musicians, composers, songwriters||community groups|
|music education associations||teachers||music professionals|
|small to medium companies||students||music enthusiasts|
|major performing arts companies||schools and colleges|
PLEASE NOTE: We currently only accept credit card payments online. If you need to pay via Direct Deposit or Cheque please contact us directly. If you need us to issue a tax invoice please contact Scarlett Di Maio [email protected]