In 2015 over 600,000 people accessed Music Australia services. Our members benefit from Music Australia’s substantial reach which includes:
- 600,000 Participating school students
- 146,350 Unique website visits
- 14,801 Enews subscribers
- 12,260 Social media followers
- 7631 Music education professionals and teachers
- 2,600 Participating schools
- 1,000 Music professionals database
Music Australia is a membership organisation. We are Australia’s voice for all music.
Music Australia members are our partners, vital to achieving our mission to advance musical life in Australia. As a Music Australia member you strengthen our voice and benefit from our resources and services.
Following funding cuts, we are rolling out a new membership and governance structure, working towards an independent approach to our work that will enable even greater advocacy and engagement with the sector.
Music Australia’s redeveloped membership program, with increased benefits and partnerships, will enable us to be a more forceful voice for music in Australia.
- 25% off our advertising rates
- Promote activities via enews (subject to editorial policy) and Opportunities listings
- Free Directory listing for professional music organisations and practitioners
- Backing for your advocacy, access advice & skills
- National representation, direct or through professional associations
- Preferred access to all our services, working and advisory groups
- Discounts to our conferences, seminars, workshops, merchandise and partner activities.
- Access to our Sydney Hot Desk
Member benefits with our partners
- 64kg checked baggage allowance for musicians travelling on all domestic flights with Virgin Australia. Details on how to book can be found here.
- 20% discount off Ukulele Song Schools’ ukuleles and teaching materials. Email your purchase request with you membership number to [email protected]
- 20% discount off all songs and resources at SongLibrary. Email [email protected] with your member number to receive a discount code.
- Members who buy an 11 x magazine subscription to Limelight will also receive two bonus issues for free. Simply head here or call 1800 193 349 for more information. You will need to email [email protected] to receive a special code before making your purchase.
- Women & Leadership Australia are currently offering 20 Music Australia members the opportunity to attend the 2017 Australian Women’s Leadership Symposium for $400 off the standard rate. The Symposium provides women a critically important platform to explore leadership, life and career development. They will take place in all capital cities across Australia later this year. To take advantage of the discount contact our Program Coordinator Scarlett Di Maio on [email protected]
- Advocacy and lobbying for music in Australia
- Partnerships to foster, advocate, promote and develop music in Australia
- Access to our professional network through our programs and events
- Access to our large network of music educators and industry professionals
We work for our members
As an independent body we:
- Act as an umbrella body for all music organisations and companies, music professionals, teachers, musicians and enthusiasts
- Deliver Australia’s most comprehensive music information hub, sharing opportunities; resources, statistics and research; music news, analysis, fact sheets and case studies.
- Deliver Australia’s largest school music participation program, Music: Count Us In
- Are a resolute advocate for music, offering independent advocacy information, submissions, campaigns, and delegations
- Provide networking, professional development and information
- Organise conferences, seminars, and national participation programs
- Serve as a catalyst for sector development and engagement
- Act as conduit between music organisatons and the wider music sector, convening national advisory and working groups in professional music and music education
There are two types of Music Australia member:
Our 50 elected Councillors are our representative members, experts in all fields of music – our voice for Music Australia nationally. Councillors are the organisation’s voting members, drawn from organisational and individual members.
We work across all music: education, the profession, classical, contemporary and community music. Our members cover all facets of Australian musical life:
|music industry peak bodies||musicians, composers, songwriters||community groups|
|music education associations||teachers||music professionals|
|small to medium companies||students||music enthusiasts|
|major performing arts companies||schools and colleges|
PLEASE NOTE: WE ONLY ACCEPT CREDIT CARD IF YOU SIGN UP AS A NEW MEMBER VIA OUR WEBSITE. IF YOU NEED US TO ISSUE YOU OUT AN INVOICE INSTEAD, PLEASE CONTACT [email protected]
Available for individual members with concession status
Available for individual members
Available to volunteer organisations for any size (no paid staff).
Organisations with less than 5 staff
Organisations with less than 10 staff
Organisations with over 10 staff