In 2016 over 600,000 people accessed Music Australia services. Our members benefit from Music Australia’s substantial reach which includes:
- 600,000 Participating school students
- 155,000 Unique website visits
- 14,800 Enews subscribers
- 12,500 Social media followers
- 8000 Music education professionals and teachers
- 3000 Participating schools
- 1,000 Music professionals database
Music Australia is a membership organisation. We are Australia’s voice for all music.
Music Australia members are our partners, vital to achieving our mission to advance musical life in Australia. As a Music Australia member you strengthen our voice and benefit from our resources and services.
Following funding cuts, we are rolling out a new membership and governance structure, working towards an independent approach to our work that will enable even greater advocacy and engagement with the sector.
Music Australia’s redeveloped membership program, with increased benefits and partnerships, will enable us to be a more forceful voice for music in Australia.
- Advocacy and lobbying for music in Australia
- Partnerships to foster, advocate, promote and develop music in Australia
- Access to our professional network through our programs and events
- Access to our large network of music educators and industry professionals
We Work For Our Members
As an independent body we:
- Are an umbrella body for all music organisations and companies, music professionals, teachers, musicians and enthusiasts
- Deliver Australia’s most comprehensive music information hub, sharing opportunities; resources, statistics and research; music news, analysis, fact sheets and case studies.
- Deliver Australia’s largest school music participation program, Music: Count Us In
- Are a resolute advocate for music, offering independent advocacy information, submissions, campaigns, and delegations
- Deliver the Contemporary Music Roundtable
- Provide networking, professional development and information
- Organise conferences, seminars, and national participation programs
- Serve as a catalyst for sector development and engagement
- Act as conduit between music organisations and the wider music sector, convening national advisory and working groups in contemporary music and music education
- Promotion of your activities via our fortnightly enews (subject to editorial policy) and Opportunities listings
- Free Directory listing for professional music organisations and practitioners
- 25% off our advertising rates
- Backing for your advocacy, access advice & skills
- National representation, direct or through professional associations
- Preferred access to all our services, working and advisory groups
- Discounts to our conferences, seminars, workshops, merchandise and partner activities.
- Lease discounts on our Sydney Hot Desk Space Contact [email protected] to lodge an enquiry.
Member Benefits With Our Partners
- 10% off Face The Music full price conference tickets.
- 20% off Electronic Music Conference Full Conference Passes
- Discounted access to Aon’s industry-leading Muso Support Policy (Musicians Personal Accident cover) that offers worldwide, 24/7 protection for up to 3 years of lost income following personal accident, injury, permanent disability or death.
- $100 off BIGSOUND ticket registrations. You just need your member number when booking.
- Any project created through Music Australia’s Pozible collection will automatically receive a 20% discount.
- 20% discount off all songs and resources at SongLibrary. Email [email protected] with your member number to receive a discount code.
- 64kg checked baggage allowance for musicians travelling on all domestic flights with Virgin Australia. Details on how to book can be found here. (You must book at least 2 days in advance)
- 20% off Ditto Music services worldwide – including distribution to iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Shazam, Google Play and many more.
- Buy an 11 magazine subscription to Limelight and receive two bonus issues free! Simply email us [email protected] for your discount code, then follow this link or call MagShop on 136 116.
- 20% discount off Ukulele Song Schools’ ukuleles and teaching materials. Email your purchase request with you membership number to [email protected]
To take advantage of the discounts which require a code please contact our Program Coordinator Scarlett Di Maio on [email protected]
There are two types of Music Australia member:
- Organisations (View our Organisational members here.)
- Representative Members
We work across all music. Our members cover all facets of Australian musical life, including music industry peak bodies, musicians, composers, songwriters, community groups, music education associations, teachers, music professionals, small to medium companies, students, music enthusiasts, major performing arts companies and schools.
Before purchasing membership please note:
1. You will get a reminder 30 days before your account expires about renewing your account. Your account will automatically renew 12 months from the day you originally signed up. If you would like to cancel your membership you will need to contact us directly at [email protected] .
2. We currently only accept credit card payments online. If you need to pay via Direct Deposit or Cheque please contact us directly. If you need us to issue a tax invoice please contact Scarlett Di Maio [email protected]
*For Music Australia organisational members there are limitations on how many staff members can access a discount events or conferences. Small organisations are eligible for a discount for one staff member, medium organisations can receive a discount for up to two staff members and large organisations will receive a discount for up to three staff members.